Wednesday, February 3, 2010

National Press Foundation "Why Journalism Matters" essay

Thanks to my friends at the ACP for tweeting the details about the National Press Foundation "Why Journalism Matters" essay. My job... describe what journalism means to me in only 100 words. Here is my response.

Journalism is truth. It does not matter by which medium it is delivered, but that it is presented to the audience in a way that is right, fair and informative. We now transition into a time where the birth and development of social media sharing can allow anyone to generate information and publishers have become overwhelmed with the obsession of their publication's bottom line. Luckily, there are still a few individuals and media outlets are doing it with the singular goal of getting the best content to the masses.

If selected, I will win an all expenses trip to Washington D.C. for to sit at the head table of the 2010 National Press Foundation Awards. My essay would also be read to the group.

No comments:

Post a Comment