Wednesday, February 3, 2010

The meaning of "neue journalism"

Journalism is evolving.

The tricky part is trying to figure out when it will stop. In the last 2-3 years alone, I have seen the birth and rise of Facebook, Twitter and the smartphone revolution. All tools that have become my primary way of viewing media.

This change, dubbed "new journalism or new media" is making an entire industry re-think everything it has relied on for the last 50 years. So in this change, who will come out on top? The answer is me... the college student.

By learning all of these new tools in the classroom, I will graduate with all of the knowledge and necessary resources to jump right into the "new media" market as within the next 3-4 years it will finally figure out what the meaning of journalism truly is.

As far as the neue part goes, I just love Helvetica and Helvetica Neue.

No comments:

Post a Comment